Saturday, February 9, 2013

Fashionista In Neon Pants at Jason Wu F/W13. @tfnow


Though I did not attend the Jason Wu F/W13 show this week, I checked out the photos from his collection online and with the first look I saw, I almost passed out. Sitting at the background of every shot was a fashionista in neon pants. Upon closer look, I even noticed well renowned Bryan Boy sitting behind her. I had a nightmare last night thinking about this fashionista in neon pants, sitting at the background of alllllllllllll the shots at the Jason Wu show who had ruined it for me visually.

As a fashionista, I take my fashion serious downright to the way it's presented and couldn't stop thinking about it. The investment in time and money with a collection only to be ruined by just a neon pants fashion goer in all the shots presented to the world, seems just silly but is very serious on a marketing perspective.

However, I was sooooo pleased to see 'Women's Wear Daily' taking the initiative, to tediously transform every shot from neon pants to white, before they released them online. Now that's taking initiative and paying attention to detail for fashion, and I continue to have deep admiration for their fashion reporting. 'Vogue' also did the same and I can't imagine them not doing so, with Anna Wintour at the helm. Can you imagine the fit when she sees these photos released without editing? The 'Los Angeles Times' reported with photos used by a photographer from a different angle, but I'm not sure if that was sheer coincidence, or they also had their photographer set up in the photo pit, where all the shots were ruined from, and had to adjust accordingly.

It'll be interesting to see the Jason Wu brand using this as a marketing opportunity already made famous by FLOTUS Michelle Obama, for wearing evening gowns designed by him two presidential terms in a row. Then again, no one probably cares but me.

Follow and connect with us on Facebook for more pics and fashion news and share your thoughts on this story.

Disclaimer: True Fashionista Now respects all fashion goers for their choice of clothing.